Monday, 23 July 2012

pointless nostalgic


Hello again! Two posts later and I think I may be getting the hang of blogging! When I started the blog I knew I wanted it to be an account of my year out and record all the (hopefully) exciting and lovely things I do! It certainly has been a lovely week - I have just spent 4 amazing days at Latitude festival(more on that in another post) and feel surprisingly relaxed and replenished which is always a bonus! Along with many other amazing acts I really enjoyed seeing Lana del Rey live at the festival, and became very inspired by her vintage/retro yet timeless style. I spend a good amount of time fantasising about living in a different era and I love clothing that encapsulates my favourite elements of my favourite eras, so when I rediscovered this dress from Primark(bought about 3 years ago) I was so happy with the 60s feel of the Peter Pan collar and the pastel pink colour that makes me feel slightly like a strawberry bon bon.
My day of nostalgia continued with a visit to the museum with a friend I haven't seen for a few months which was gorgeous! I loved mooching around amongst the art and local history as well as a much needed catch up over paninis in the museum cafe, that is, until the fire alarm went off and we had to evacuate...
The rest of the day was equally as lovely when we found an old fashioned photo booth which of course we had to use, followed by a trip to the sweet shop to finish the day!



Filled with sweets and a good film, I don't think this wave of nostalgia will leave any time soon, but right now I'm quite happy with it staying...

Listen to: 'Pointless Nostalgic' - Jamie Cullum
Read: 'The Dud Avocado' - Elaine Dundy
Eat: Milk Bottles

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely post, not pointless at all! The first photograph of you is so lovely!

    dimplesdiaries
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are so so beautiful lady!!!
    love livvy xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw thank you very much! An thanks for the follow cheered me right up! x

      Delete

Thank you for commenting and reading my rambling-your comments always make my day! x