Friday, 6 July 2012

rainbow cake and birthday wishes


Impressive rainbow cake - well done, Mum! 
Make-shift wrapping paper
Yesterday was my beautiful little sister's 13th birthday, and the first sunny day in a long time! It was a really lovely day but went so quickly - mainly revolved around food and presents but was filled with laughter and sunshine, so hopefully she enjoyed herself.

I had taken an outfit picture of myself but couldn't find my tripod so was left with a very bad quality mirror number, so instead took one of the birthday girl. She's such a fashionable young thing and looked gorgeous all day so had to take a photo of her new birthday gear!
Top - H&M
Jeans - Primark(old)
Ring and Earrings - H&M
During the day while little sister was at school I went to help out with my old college's summer production in a park which was a bit of a walk away but a lovely walk nonetheless. I love walking when they sun's shining, I always feel like there's a real sense of stillness and calm away from busy crowds of people. There is certainly nothing better than a long walk in the sunshine to clear your head, especially when accompanied by the sounds of Nick Drake and the smell of the sea - it felt like I was abroad!


I knew the good weather was too good to be true - in typical British summertime fashion it's pouring with rain outside while I'm writing this, and with that I'm off to snuggle up on the sofa with a slice of cake and an Alfred Hitchcock film...

2 comments:

  1. What a lush looking birthday cake!!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Firstly, welcome to Blogger! I recently stumbled across your blog and I LOVE it! I love the layout to the content and everything in between! Your style is just impeccable and your blog is simply the epitome of perfection! I am your newest, most avid follower, I look forward to reading your future posts. I would love it if you could perhaps follow me back too? Have a lovely day!

    Love from, MISSIFFA

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting and reading my rambling-your comments always make my day! x