Tuesday, 28 August 2012

the sea

Hello! I finally feel as though I have a bit of structure in my life again, with two new jobs starting in one day (cake and music, what more could a girl want?) and being able to escape for a couple of hours for a lovely sea walk with family friends.

I feel so lucky to live near the sea, I don't know what I would do if I lived somewhere where I was completely land-locked - I do think I take it for granted being able to simply walk to the seafront and spend a while reflecting on the beach. 
 Our walk took us along the wall of the harbour, and as beautiful as it was, quite a long drop from the sea itself, which felt very dramatic when the waves picked up and came crashing back down over our poor friend's clothes and shoes!
Even though it was only for a couple of hours, there was something so enchanting about the sea and its rhythm against the concrete that made it feel as though we were there nearly all day - something I must not forget if I feel that everything gets too much. The sea will always be there to bring me back to calm.

Listen to: 'Such Great Heights' - Iron & Wine
Read: 'The Rime of the Ancient Mariner' - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Eat: Almond Croissants

P.S. Thank you for all the recent follows and lovely comments, I'm always surprised and touched that people want to read my ramblings and it always brightens my day!

10 comments:

  1. That looks lovely - I'd love to be able to just go for a wander by the sea whenever I fancied. It always makes me feel so relaxed :) x

    kw-justlikeheaven.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so nice being able to escape for a while it's lovely! x

      Delete
  2. Lovely pics! Nothing like a bit of fresh sea air x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I know it really does blow the cobwebs away x

      Delete
  3. Hi!

    I couldn't find your name anywhere? But I just wanted to say hello, hooray and congratulations as you won my book giveaway!

    http://blog.lobsterandswan.com/2012/08/creative-weekend/

    pop your details over to me via the email link on my blog page and I will post ii to you right away.

    Jeska x

    ReplyDelete
  4. i wish i lived closer to the sea. the rime of the ancient mariner is beautiful :)

    wish i suited a hat as much as you do :P x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you, I love the Ancient Mariner too. I couldn't appreciate it when I was studying it 2 years ago but now it's wonderful! x

      Delete
  5. Lovely photographs! You look so gorgeous!
    dimplesdiaries
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting and reading my rambling-your comments always make my day! x