Monday, 10 September 2012

bright star

Incase you hadn't guessed already, I'm a hopeless romantic. Whether it's a beautiful song lyric or a line from a book, I am a sucker for romance, and there couldn't be anything more romantic than the story of John Keats and Fanny Brawne. 
Yesterday I went up to London to visit my Granddad with my Mum, where we picnicked on Hampstead Heath and took a trip to John Keats' House just down the road. Not only am I a ridiculous romantic, I'm also a self-confessed blue plaque lover through and through, so to be so close to a house of such history was an offer too good to refuse! After a good 20 minutes trying to work out how to get in, we eventually got to the modest but gorgeous house once lived in by Keats, Charles Brown and the Brawne family, and where some of Keats' most famous poems were written.
The house itself is very pretty, with beautiful wallpaper, big windows and lovely wooden furniture - another house that inspired me to redecorate, this time Georgian style! What I loved most about it was actually being able to see the belongings of Keats and Fanny Brawne, including the gorgeous ring he gave her, which unsurprisingly made Mum and I simultaneously make the same 'aww' noise when we caught each other's eye!
I loved trying to place events from the film 'Bright Star'(watch it if you haven't already, it's one of my favourites!), imagining Keats wandering around the house and garden jotting down bits of inspiration that would become his next success, and getting all girly and emotional again remembering the final scenes from the film...
I would thoroughly recommend visiting if you're near in London, even if you're not as soppy as I am, it's a lovely little place to spend a couple of hours and see where the poetic magic happened.
Listen to: 'Saro' - Sam Amidon
Watch: 'Bright Star'
Wear: Something Floaty and Floral

6 comments:

  1. I love these photos, and your outfit, and your hair and ahh I'm just so in love with your blog! It's wonderful.
    And oh I'm a hopeless romantic too, there's really no nicer way to spend a day than wandering around somewhere really old and beautiful!

    dozen dresses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you for this lovely comment, so kind! I know there really isn't anything better, is there?! x

      Delete
  2. Your dress is so simple but I love it!

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look lovely
    www.adoramehitabel.blogspot.com
    @adoramehitabel

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting and reading my rambling-your comments always make my day! x