Saturday, 26 January 2013

I want to see the colours of another sky

Lately I've been feeling very content, which is rare for me to say as I am the world's biggest worrier and even listening to certain songs gets me in to an emotional state (Les Misérables, need I say more?!). But right now, I am content. I am trying to cherish the simple things, like fresh fruit and black coffee on a crisp Wintry morning, or rediscovering the atlas I got 11 years ago and planning Scandinavian adventures. New stationary to keep me organised and focused, new books of new lands with covers that remind me of home, really looking around me at the beauty of my city as I have taken it for granted for too long. Relishing in girly nights in with my mum and sister re-watching Pride and Prejudice (with Colin, of course), or reading beautiful magazines while the snow falls outside. Finally sorting myself out and realising that if I have a goal I need to let go and reach for it, not letting anything get in my way. And at the risk of sounding like an awful self help book, having confidence in myself to start living and being myself (I'll work on it.)

Have a gorgeous week x

Listen to: 'Mexico' - The Staves
Read: 'Frankie' magazine
Eat: Berry Lemon Cheesecake

19 comments:

  1. aw Les Mis, definitely very emotional! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post, I love your photos

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the world maps. So beautiful

    www.threadandbutter.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those atlas pages are beautiful! Just to let you know, I've nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award, details are on the post :)

    http://novellaafterglow.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/11-facts-11-questions.html

    L x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't even get me started on Les Mis! The music always gets me weepy!xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw what a nice post, I wish I could just be content, I don't think I will ever be happy with what I have, I always want more..

    Please come and check out my latest post if you have a few minutes spare :)

    www.fragile-bird.blogspot.co.uk

    Helen

    X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely photos :) Love your Cath Kidston bits and bobs x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a lovely post. It's always the little things that make life worth it. I agree with you on the Les Miserables situation though, oh my I was a mess!

    Lindsey. x
    www.elegant-chaos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your blog has a wonderful vibe and tons of inspiration.
    Love it XX

    TRENDY FEELING style magazine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute snapshots!
    TGIF!

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. contentment is such a great thing! love this lil collection of photos!

    ReplyDelete
  12. blaaady hell your collection of map themed items is amazzzing!
    love your cath goodies!
    you are a babe so you should be confident about yourself lady love xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Breakfast seems so delicious


    Http://Fashioneiric.blogspot.com

    Coline ♡

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm a worrier too- about the silly, none important things and then the just terrifying scenarios that will never happen. Keeping things simple helps and try swapping Les Misérables for Mamma Mia (totally works for me). Its the simple things that could and will make you feel better. Always, always remember, the feeling you have, will pass in time. Just stay strong and keep your head up. And talk- to friends, family, other bloggers, whoever. Talking, ALWAYS helps.

    I hope you feel better soon!

    Sarah XxX

    P.s

    I LOVE the atlas homeware- What a beautiful idea!

    Sarah XxX

    ReplyDelete
  15. I miss your wonderful blog post and keep checking in hoping to find a new one. I hope all is well with you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I miss your lovely posts. I keep checking to see if you have a new one. I hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting and reading my rambling-your comments always make my day! x